Thursday, September 23, 2010

Juggling Life


So this is my week 2 of being part of Illustration Friday.  For a larger view of the whole piece and the details go here.  Although I wasn't much inspired by the subject, I had a lot of fun with the piece.  I was toying with the idea of the different kinds of acrobats there are.  I kept comimg back to juggling.  Then it hit me!  Shelby has a fuill load this year as a senior in high school.  As head photographer, she is constantly heading to swim meets, equestrian meets, vollyball...you get the picture.  (I know this could have been a self portrait!)  I am always sensitve about copyright issues, so rather than chancing online clip art, I browsed through old photos I shot and came up with one of her playing volleyball at one of our summer picnics.  It seemed to lend itself to allow her to juggle all the clocks.  I used a digitally altered photo, oil pastels, a predesigned canvas, mod podge, acrylic medium, clock face chip art and vellum, pieces of magazine pages, and a recycled/upcycled tag from a pair of jeans (figure out where!).  Overall, this isn't my favorite.  I actually prefer one of the detail shots I took as a composition in itself.  But I am creating!  I'm also working on some new recycleable craft ideas that I'll be posting soon...

3 comments:

  1. THis is a fantastic take on the theme. I was playing around with an elephant,,,have not posted it yet...better soon considering tomorrow is Friday:) I relly like your idea and piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to you both! Cynthia, I'll have to check out your elephant when you get it posted.

    ReplyDelete