Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Illustration Friday "Proverb"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/creativedreamz/5014540295/I am very excited to post my first committed piece of artwork this week. I wanted to use Illustration Friday as a jumping off point to get me drawing, painting, creating again. I actually created a 2-sided collage for this weeks' subject. However, I am only going to post the first side for now. I used some photos that I shot in Charleston, South Carolina on the interior of, I believe, an Episcopal Church. I already had several 8x10 enlargements ready to distress. I used mod podge, modeling paste, paint, oil pastels, wax, and even some sewing and sanding. Let me know what you think...

3 comments:

  1. what a beautiful piece. you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is really fascinating! I only wish I could see bigger pictures of the piece. It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you both! I am just getting my feet wet with the internet possibilities. I hope to learn about Picasa or another photo display application so the viewing is easier :)

    ReplyDelete