Thursday, March 10, 2011

My friend, Carl

As I was checking over a recent post of a Santa Fe artist I admired, it occurred to me to check online to see if the website of a very dear artist friend of mine was up and running yet.  To my delight it is!  Carl Schuman and I have been friends since he was my manager at the Dick Blick Art Store in Dearborn, Michigan about 22 years ago plus or minus.  He has been living his dream for quite a while out in Santa Fe, New Mexico.  I have been out there numerous times to visit and soak in the wonder of the place; hiking, 4 wheeling, hearing God...

I own a few of his pieces.  The way he describes his visions of each is amazing to me.  It seems to be a spiritual process that is like a cup running over, never emptying of ideas and inspiration.  If you'd like to see more of his work go here.

What I love most about this piece is how each part moves independently from the others causing the light and mood to continually evolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment