Saturday, September 28, 2013

Encaustic Fun

I took the day off from my kitchen and canning... 

I have had all my encaustic supplies for well over a month and had proceeded no further than mixing the damar crystals with the beeswax and pouring the medium into silicon molds.  Today that changed!  I actually spent most of the day playing and creating with wax, tissue, and odds and ends of recycled ephemera.






I had picked up some old wooden blocks from a garage sale several years ago and realized today that they would make perfect small foundations for the wax and collage materials I planned to use.   Before tackling the blocks, I started a practice board and a photo transfer method.



Eventually it evolved into this:



Then I started getting really messy!




And created this...




No comments:

Post a Comment