Friday, September 27, 2013

Fashion Renaissance

Two Twelve Art Center is hosting a fall fashion show called "Art on the Runway" which will consist of wearable art - some re-purposed, some knitted, some hats, costumes and much more.  I actually missed the deadline so I was surprised when I received a second opportunity to submit at least one item I created.  hopefully, they will have another show next year, as I have this burning idea that I intend to create in the meantime.  I'll offer one hint...the sea.  No not, a mermaid costume!  You'll have to wait and sea!  Get it?

I hauled out the Renaissance dress that I made for Lauren several years ago.  It has been used well, so I need to fix a few seams and such.  But I'm still quite proud of this wearable work of art.  I must give credit to my mom for her help in this huge undertaking.












I only wish the girls were home to help with modeling :)


No comments:

Post a Comment