Sunday, May 22, 2011

Hines Drive Photo Shoot With Carl

Wow.  I can't believe it has been so long since I've blogged.  Life feels like a speeding roller coaster right now.  We are in the countdown weeks until Shelby's graduation, I started a new job, and every time there is a break in the cold, weird, rainy weather we've been experiencing this spring, we try to get a little more of the lawn mowed!  As of today we still do not have our lawn completely mowed for the first time this spring!

However, on one of those lovely spring days we were allowed, the stars and planets came into alignment!  Carl came into town from Santa Fe, I had the day off, and there was sunshine!  Hines Park here we come!  The lovely hike was followed by a yummy lunch with our friend Barb and my daughter Shelby (yes, I made her skip school so she could see Carl).

Here are some of my photos from that lovely day...

A close up of Elm bark






For some reason this graffiti didn't offend me

My friend Carl Schuman, Santa Fe artist



These next two pictures were pretty exciting for me as I had never seen a jack-in-the-pulpit in the wild!

This plant starts life male. After 2 years, or longer in poor soil, it turns female, flowers and bears seed. If the plant receives a shock, it may turn back male again.  Isn't that crazy?!

No comments:

Post a Comment