Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bear with me please...

Where did April go?  It is May 3rd and I am amazed that it has been over 3 weeks since I last posted on my blog.  I was hoping to post on a new project I was working on that eventually got scrapped.  It's now on a shelf waiting to be picked up again when I have the courage to face all the "wasted" hours I poured into the idea.  I know I said scrapped...but I have found that usually the things I think are failures end up becoming favorites.  I just need a little time to regroup.

In the meantime I have started a new job.  As the overtime at the fire department has dried up and summer is approaching - meaning no college classes to teach - and the fact that we shall have two children in college this fall, I have taken on a job to take stress off of my husband.  Granted, it is only part time, but the schedule is highly flexible and the coworkers are friendly!  I was delighted tonight after my 2nd day on the job that I feel comfortable.  The training is challenging, the memorization requires a lot of homework, and the procedures are detailed, but it is fun!  I love meeting and working with the many women that come through our doors each day.  Figured it out yet?  It's Curves!

Anyway, until I get the training out of the way, I will not be posting as frequently as I have in the past.  Please be patient.  I still plan on committing time to my artwork, it's just that with a high school graduation and party around the corner, a garden to plant, and a job to work, my posts will be a bit fewer and farther between.   I hope to submit the occasional Illustration Friday as well...Thanks for hanging in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment