Sunday, February 20, 2011

Valentine Collages

I read about this technique to use up scraps of paper and cloth and bits of recycled ephemera.  I decided to jump in head first to really get my hands dirty in this fascinating genre called mixed media collage.  Wow!  I think I've opened a sort of Pandora's Box!  I am completely addicted.  In fact, just two days after finishing my "Valentines", I started a whole new series with even more recycled materials and I love it!  In fact, I've framed 7 of them and my local bank hung them in their lobby.  I believe it is time to enter the world of Etsy.


This is where I started cutting my large sheet into postcard sized collages




A close up of one of the postcards before I added embellishments



Let the sewing, stamping, and embellishing begin!

All ready to iron on the backing fabric





Examples of the finished Valentine postcards




No comments:

Post a Comment