Monday, February 21, 2011

A Passion for Recycling and Collage

Here is my next series of postcard-sized collages.  I even incorporated the metallic foil from the bag that my oranges came in!  Most of the sewing in this series was done before the piece was cut into smaller sections.  In fact, if you follow this blog, you might recognize the several "Winter Frost" themed pieces from a previously posted piece from Illustration Friday here.  I loved the color and texture of the piece, but it had a bit too much of a "scrapbook page" look.  So I incorporated it into my newest collage and separated it into some very interesting pieces.




The following images are the finished pieces with all the stamping and embellishing added.  At this point, I added mats and frames.  Half of this collection is currently hanging in the lobby of my local bank.  I plan to push this technique a bit farther this week.  I will be making some tote bags for my Children's Church Teachers in appreciation for the time they volunteer educating the kids at our church.  I will be using recycled dog food and bird seed bags as a base and fusing an interesting collage on the side panels.  I'll keep you posted.







This is from the previous Illustration Friday projects here

No comments:

Post a Comment