Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Perfectly Balanced

I took a fantastic class today at 212 Arts Center - you're shocked I'm sure!  Friday night Mike and I went  to the WSG Gallery in Ann Arbor to view Valerie Mann's show, "The Real Cinderella Dress and other Recent Work"  It was inspiring.  Which brings me back to today's class...

Val Mann herself taught us how to create our own Calder-esque mobile.  Everything we used was found or repurposed material - which I love. Since I also love rocks and have been collecting them for as long as I have been walking, I decided to use this for my inspiration.

My love of all things rocks and minerals led me to purchase this fabulous fabric :)




I took this idea to a three dimensional  form by cutting out various plastics, aluminum pans, old black rubber pieces, and screen in the shapes of rocks.  Although it was difficult to photograph, here is what I came up with...










No comments:

Post a Comment