Friday, January 27, 2012

Hotel Treasures

My husband came across this amazing business in Lincoln Park called Mid American Salvage Company.  He talked me into checking it out when we were looking for a love seat/sleeper for our youngest daughter's dorm room.  This place is amazing!  They purchase contracts from upscale hotels that are ready to remodel and replace their decor and furnishings.  This company removes all the "old" furnishings, drapes, lamps, tables, TV's, refrigerators, etc and then moves in the new decor for the hotel.

They sometimes are allowed to hold a sale on site.  Then they truck everything left back to Lincoln Park.  Most of the time they must bring everything back without a pre-sale.  They sell everything at greatly reduced prices.  The furniture is quality; toting names like Broyhill among others.

We found the cutest love seat/sleeper and a matching oversize chair that pulls out into a single bed.  I put the chair into my art room.  I found the cutest Art-Deco style lamps and promptly replaced my living room lighting.  Another visit found us adding the cutest set of lamps and a mirror for the bedroom; not to mention a solid cherry bedside table!

As I said, these contracts are with high end hotels like Residence Inn, Hyatt, Dearborn Inn, and others.  I have never found or even suspected any issues regarding insects or vermin.  Everything is quality and clean.

The designs are top of the line, yet classic.  I doubt that quality ever goes out of style.  In fact, I told my husband that I would definitely consider replacing my living room furniture from one of their future contracts.  That is how impressed I was.  Here are a few pics showing some of the items we picked up for pennies on the dollar...







1 comment:

  1. Wow, nice post,there are many person searching about that now they will find enough resources by your post.Thank you for sharing to us.

    Tel Aviv Events Should Never Be Missed Out

    ReplyDelete