Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Illustration Friday - Winter




The theme for Illustration Friday  this week was "Winter".  I used a photo shot in my herb garden a couple of years ago on a very frosty morning when the sun sparkled off all of the ice jewels.  It was breath taking.  Although winter in Michigan seems to be a long, drawn out endeavor, it's beauty can entice anyone to come out for a closer look.

This mixed media piece was made using an 8x12 color photo with the emulsion dampened for distressing techniques.  The different materials and mediums include; sand paper, watercolor pencils, photo pens, permanent markers, gel pens, glimmer mist, thread, sewing machine, ephemera, specialty papers, vellum, antiquing ink, and tinsel.

2 comments:

  1. These are really really beautitful. What do you end up doing with them? Make cards? Sell them? They're gorgeous....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I would like to end up selling them. They're a bit big for cards. They're almost 12x10. I hope in the future to open an Etsy shop. Right now I'm creating to that purpose. I recently left my job to pursue art more seriously. Thanks for your comment :)

    ReplyDelete