Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Collaborative Welcome Sign



Our Fiber Guild is currently working on a collaborative Welcome sign for the entry of Salt Valley Arts.  If you've been there, you've probably noticed the ugly electrical panel covered by an equally ugly piece of plywood.  Each artist selected a letter or a few from the phrase: "Welcome to Salt Valley Arts".  To keep it quirky, we used different fonts, upper and lower case, and the artist chose color, background, etc.  Here is my sketch:



These are a few of my glue resist panels that I plan to use as tools to represent the diversity of the artists and the media they use.  We've had several volunteers create a camera, scissors, printmaking examples, crocheting, weaving, quilting, knitting, and even some small glass pieces just to name a few!


As the glue dries...






Color testing

As I continue to collect all the panels, I've been laying them out to see the direction it's heading.  I think it is going to be fun and funky!



No comments:

Post a Comment